In every business transaction and ongoing projects, problems can arise from time to time between businesses and customers. Most can be quickly and efficiently resolved with good communications and talking through issues in a rational manner. However, there are times when communications break down and dispute resolution is required for resolution.
To maximise the chances of a successful dispute resolution, AGWA recommends the following:
- Listen to each other’s points of view.
- Ask for documentary evidence to verify the facts.
- Understand your legal obligations - consult relevant laws and regulations.
- Negotiate face to face in a calm and professional manner.
- If you reach a stalemate, refer to your state Fair Trading agency or government body, some of whom are listed above.
Each Fair Trading agency or government body can provide information to suppliers, retailers and consumers to help resolve marketplace disputes. Where a dispute is unable to be resolved, you can either seek legal advice or lodge a claim with the relevant state or territory authority.
For more information or to register concern about the services of a member please contact our Accreditation Team.