AS 1288 Introduction June 2021
INSTRUCTOR LED WEB DELIVERY: This course is designed to meet the needs of workers in the window and glass industry who need to ensure compliance with Australian Standard (AS) 1288.
Instructor Led Web Delivery
More information can be sought by emailing email@example.com
On completion of the course participants will understand:
- The structure of AS 1288:2006 Glass in buildings - Selection and installation, including its three Amendments and Supplement.
- Be able to determine the correct glass type and thickness to withstand wind and other design loads.
- Be able to identify situations that require the use of a safety glass.
The course contains an introduction and five modules:
- The scope of AS 1288
- Materials and definitions
- Glass selection
- Human impact
The course has an exam which must be passed at the conclusion of learning.
The course covers the basics of Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8 of the Standard. AS 1288 Section 6 - Sloped Overhead Glazing; Section 7 - Balustrades; and Section 9 - Framed, Unframed and Partly Framed, Glass Assemblies are only briefly covered in this training. The AS 1288 Advanced training course has been developed to provide more in-depth coverage of these Sections. AS 1288 Advanced is an instructor-led course and needs to be booked separately. Visit the website for more information.
The AS 1288 Basics course is a requirement for AGWA Glazier Members under the Accredited Company Program. To maintain Accredited Company status, a minimum of one staff member must have satisfactorily completed the AS 1288 Basics course. Participants will be required to undertake an assessment by completing a workbook on the day.
- A calculator
- A copy of AS 1288:2006 Glass in buildings - Selection and installation including copies of all three Amendments and the AS 1288 Supplement
(Available to purchase from techstreet.com or SAIGlobal)
- Basic computer skills are required: use of a mouse and minimal typing.
- A computer with a sound and video card, speakers (or earphones)
- An internet connection
- An email address is required for enrolment
- Access to Zoom or Microsoft teams software to participate in the instructor led learning
Additional Information & FAQs
- Training will be delivered via Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Instructor will deliver training content and participants can interact and ask questions during the session.
- You will be sent a meeting request for the course date with details of Web delivery log in. Please ensure you have internet access as well as a computer with camera and microphone.
- You will receive a training course manual with all the required course content and an in-class practice assessment that will be completed during the training.
Upon completion of the course, you will be sent a theory assessment to complete and return for marking.
- Certificates are generated upon successful completion of the course and will be emailed to participants when a satisfactory assessment has been returned for marking.
- CPD points are assigned upon successful completion of the course.